Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Updates on My Life

Well, I got my powerchair, now I'm trying to get a hospital bed. I'm getting a loaner from the Knights of Columbus tomorrow. They are very nice people. If you need some kind of medical equipment, if you have a Knights of Columbus group in your area, just give them a call. Most likely they will have what you need. Most of the time they will deliver it, also.
I'm going t have to go see my eye doctor. I had to use my Lifeline button tonight. I fell beside my bed. I tried to stop my fall by reaching toward my bedside table. It slowed me down, so I din't land so hard, but my glasses got bent. So I need to go get them strightened out. I'm fairly certain I will have a bruise under my right arm. When the person at the Lifeline center responded, he asked if I was hurt. I told him no, I just needed help getting up. I think it only took about 5 min for the fire department to get here. They were very nice. Helped me up & made sure I gt to my wheelchair ok. Oh, I was getting up from a nap when I fell. I know I'll be sore tomorrow. I took one of my stronger pain pills with my dinner.
I hope everyone who reads this is in good health. Our weather is finally warming up. The wind is still alittle cool, but not real cold like a few weeks ago. Next month I'll be getting some tmato plants to plant in the garden plot I signed up for. Now I need to make up my mind if they wll be cherry tomatoes or the big ones.

3 comments:

nutmegg said...

Hi Penny, I'm so glad you weren't injured when you fell, here in Australia we are coming into Autumn and things are just starting to slow down in the garden. We are still having very warm days but the evenings are mild now better for sleeping...take care...

DJ said...

Hi Penny, I hope you aren't too sore today and that nothing more happens to make you call the firemen, unless they are cute, then you should find "safe" excuses to call those guys! *wink* Take care! *Hugs* DJ

j39jones said...

So sorry about your fall! Thank heaven you had that Lifeline thingy. I used to laugh at those commercials, but since my aunt had one, I realize what a good job they can do!
You need to update your blog more often PQ!!
Love you and take care of yourself!